Senior EHS Specialist - County Cork, Ireland
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Senior Safety, Health and Environment Specialist to join a biotechnology manufacturing company based in County Cork, Republic of Ireland, on a full time, 12 month contract basis.
The company is a market leader and prides itself on being a high performing and team-based organisation. Within the Safety and Environment group, a vacancy now exists for a Senior Safety & Environment Specialist. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organisational skills.
- The company are able to offer a rate of between €24-43 per hour depending on experience.
- This person will report to the EHS Lead and the Senior EHS Specialist will be a key member of the site EHS team ensuring that a large project will be delivered back to the organisation with safety and environmental considerations included in the design and development phase.
- The Senior Safety & Environment Specialist will provide both generic and specialist environmental and safety advice on all matters relating to the site EHS programmes to the project.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of environment and safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Further responsibilities of this Senior SHE Specialist will be:
- Direct the project team on EHS requirements to ensure the design of the project is in compliance with EHS Standards and EHS legislative requirements. Provide guidance on these standards where required.
- Act as a single point of contact for EHS on the Core Team and ensure that guidance is obtained from relevant EHS personnel and experts as appropriate.
- Assess project changes which have an EHS impact.
- Lead the review of site IED licence to ensure project is delivered in full compliance with EPA requirements
- Engage in walkdowns and design reviews to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provide technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
As a Senior EHS Specialist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Technical primary degree or equivalent with a post graduate EHS qualification
- Proven industry EHS experience in an operational environment
- Proven track record to influence others
- Strong knowledge of environment and safety programs
- Convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment
For more information or to apply for this Senior H&S Specialist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference in all correspondence.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40272 in all correspondence.