Senior EHS Associate - Dun Loaghaire, Ireland
CK Group is recruiting for a Senior EHS Associate to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 6 month contract basis.
Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
This position will provide professional and specialist Safety advice and support to ADL in maintaining compliant with all EU/Irish Regulatory and company requirements; that hazards and risks are being systematically identified, eliminated and/or mitigated; and that injuries and risks to health are being eliminated.
- Provide Specialist and Technical support and programme ownership in designated specialist Programme areas, including the collation and production of results and reports.
- Support effective Implementation of EHS policies, programmes and Objectives.
- Support effective Implementation of Safety Inspection programme.
- Support the assigned business partner function(s) as required.
- Maintain a system of risk assessment to identify appropriate corrective actions; carry out risk assessments, and ensure that corrective actions are implemented to minimise certain risks.
- Identify, support and deliver Health and Safety training needs and facilitate the implementation of necessary programmes.
- Maintain a system of tracking and measuring leading and lagging safety performance, to facilitate assessment and improvement in site performance in Health and Safety.
- Co-ordinate, support and facilitate appropriate safety and functional meetings.
- Provide advice and support implementation of change control and management procedures.
- Ensure that company is maintaining compliance with legislative and corporate requirements and that appropriate programmes are implemented to meet new legislative requirements and that company is adequately prepared for audits.
- Where required assist in the completion and maintenance of weekly, monthly and quarterly audits, Inspections and checklists for safety-related.
- Where necessary, provide back-up and assist in the implementation of the environmental programme to ensure full compliance with corporate and statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate the sampling and posting (where necessary) of materials for the purposes of process safety or toxicity testing by external testing laboratories
- Participate in any other area of work within the EHS function or the business as required.
- Contribute actively to company PMO, OPex, Productivity and Continuous Improvement and any other designated business processes initiatives.
- Complete any other Environmental Health or Safety related tasks/projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Occupational Safety/Health or Environmental Health.
- Specialising in Biological safety, Manual Handling and Ergonomics.
- Experience in a related industry in an equivalent role preferably in Biotechnology or Chemical company.
- Environmental/Compliance Training
- Ability to deal with people from all levels in the organisation
- Communication skills - ability to translate complex technical issues into actions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45502 in all correspondence.