CK Science are recruiting for a Development Manager to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Haltwhistle on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is ISO9001 accredited and also manufactures to GMP standardsas they supply into the pharmaceutical industry amongst others. They now have a new opening for an experienced development or formulation chemist to perform R&D and product development. This person will contribute to the development of the company'sproduct range of disinfectants and coatings which are used extensively in the pharmaceutical industry, industrial, oil & gas and marine industries.
Location: This Research & Development Manager role is located in Haltwhistle and is accessible by rail as well as by road from Carlisle, Consett, and other local areas.
R&D Manager Role: Your main duties will be:
- Development of current and new product ranges.
- Analysis of experimental results and writing technical service reports.
- Evaluating the suitability of alternative raw materials in existing formulations.
- GC analysis of raw materials and formulated systems.
- Assisting with quality control tests and the development of further tests.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation and trends.
- Liaising with Senior management as to the progression of product development.
- Providing technical support.
- Completing internal audits.
- Managing research and development team.
- Presenting product ranges at exhibitions and seminars.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry – essential.
- Practical and proven experience in formulation and development of products.
- Awareness of ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- People management experience (desirable).
- Ideally R&D experience of biocides.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as GC, other chromatography and wet chemistry.
The Benefits: The company offers a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, life assurance and pension schemes.Apply: For more information or to apply for this Development Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 48680.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work inthe UK.