Senior Development Chemist - Peterborough
Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Development Chemist on behalf of a leading manufacturer of cosmetics to be based at their site in Peterborough on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of your role will be to:
- Research, develop and manufacture innovative and cost effective products.
- Manage current and new technical projects.
- Develop effective customer relationships to build expertise in customer processes.
- Training and development of junior employees.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Technical Manager on issues relating to product development.
- Assisting and troubleshooting with production issues.
- Carrying out training reviews with junior staff.
- Review and update of SOPs and technical test methods.
- Ensuring that products are developed in compliance with safety and legal procedures.
- Generation of safety and product dossiers for new products.
- Generation of product prototypes for the business development teams.
- Review technical data arising from testing and following up on deviations and out of specification results.
- Approving stability testing of skincare products.
- Ordering lab equipment and consumables.
- Maintaining continuous professional development through attendance at relevant seminars and events.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Substantial experience in formulation of skin care or hair care products.
- A BSc (or equivalent) in chemistry would be beneficial for this position.
For more information, or to apply for the role, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842 976 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45628 in all correspondence.