Senior Bioproduction Scientist - Cambridgeshire or Oxfordshire
Asad Karim at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Bioproduction Scientist to join an expanding start-up company in the biotechnology and diagnostic industry at their site on a permanent basis.
Our client is a molecular diagnostic company that develops simple, rapid, handheld diagnostic devices with the power of advanced laboratory equipment. They are founded by an experienced and highly successful leadership team and plans to grow its foundations to become a leader in their field. Backed by leading venture capitalist and private investors, the company is currently expanding and looking for motivated, experienced and charismatic individuals to join them in their successful journey.
This role will be located in either Cambridgeshire or Oxfordshire, thus making it is easily commutable from surrounding areas.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Define upstream and downstream processes for production of bioreagents for use in the company's products.
- Oversee the establishment, commissioning and maintenance of equipment at the Company's bioproduction facility.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for bioproduction processes in accordance with the company's quality management system.
- Engage with third party suppliers for outsourced bioproduction of selected reagents.
- Develop Incoming Quality Control (IQC) protocols for commercially sourced reagents.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Implement bioproduction activities to ensure the timely availability of reagents for the formal development of the company's IVD products.
- Document and report result and data in accordance with agreed protocols and in compliance with the company's quality system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Prior experience in the bioproduction of recombinant protein reagents such as bacterial expression systems.
- Experience working for a company in the IVD field within an ISO13485 (advantageous but not required).
- Worked as a hands-on laboratory scientist with effective communication and management skills.
The company provides an excellent and competitive salary including share options.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad Karim on 01246457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45865 in all correspondence.