Senior Analytical Chemist
CK Group are are recruiting for a Senior Analytical Chemist on behalf of an industry leading provider of pharmaceutical and chemical testing services, to be based at their site in Redcar on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a chemistry & chromatography team who are responsible for delivery of high quality analytical services for a broad range of clients across many different industry sectors. These services include, but are not limited to, providing analytical data, investigative services and solutions to customer problems, as well as REACH & Regulatory compliance support.
ABOUT THE ROLE; As a Senior Analytical Chemist, your principal accountability will be to lead the HPLC service delivery and the provisionof high quality analytical services for a broad range of clients across many different industry sectors. Their services include REACH substance identity testing and Regulatory food contact compliance testing where usually the job holder will be required to work as part of a multi-technique analytical team in delivering the solution. This work is overseen by a project manager. There is also the requirement for the job holder to work independently and deliver work directly to the client where HPLC is the primary technique.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the HPLC service offering in response to the wide range of enquiries arising from a broad client base.
- Developing and maintaining the customer base for HPLC servicesby direct client contact.
- Development, validation and documentation of novel experimental approaches to provide solutions for customers’ problems.
- Carrying out experimental work, interpretation of results and providing written reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer requirements and in line with customer expectations.
- Liaising with project managers to devise scientific and strategic analytical plans.
- Training and mentoring junior staff
ABOUT YOU: To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Substantial theoretically and practically experience in HPLC with a strong chemistry background
- A wider knowledge of other chromatography techniques such as LC-MS, GC and GPC would be beneficial for this role
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email@example.com