Heather Deagle at CK Science is recruiting for 2 Senior Analysts to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in County Durham on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to perform analytical testing work to GMP and company standards. This may involve activities such as designing protocols and experimental plans, analysing samples, reviewing the work of others and writing reports with limited or no supervision.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a range of analytical testing independently and accurately on raw materials to EP and USP, products or other analytical samples
- Authoring protocols and/or reports as directed by the Manager
- Working collaboratively with others to ensure that all work for the team is completed on time and to the requisite GMP and safety standards
- Identifying out of specification (OOS) and out of trend (OOT) data, lead or participate in laboratory investigations to determine root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Peer review data generated by other lab staff and approve the data for onward communication.
- Communicating with customer representatives
- Using laboratory IT systems at an advanced user level, usually with permissions to approve transactions performed by other staff and provide support to these systems
- Contributing to the preparation of facilities for all quality and EHS Inspections.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc Degree or equivalent (Chemistry or a related science)
- Extensive operational knowledge of analytical chemistry (ideally HPLC and GC) and laboratory equipment, including ability to diagnose problems and identify appropriate actions.
- Experience of working in teams to improve processes or resolve problems using Operational Excellence tools
- Full understanding of the requirements and application of GMP principles in a laboratory environment
- Leadership skills, and demonstrated ability to set direction and inspire the team
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather Deagle on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH32286 in all correspondence.