Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is recruiting for multiple Screening Scientists to join a global provider of proprietary diagnostic tools, consumables and reagents for the Life Sciences industry, initially based at their site in Hertfordshire but with the intention of moving to Cambridge.
We require a highly motivated screening scientist who will design and carry out phage display experiments in order to identify Affimer candidates that bind to a target protein. The candidate will have had previous experience of screening phage libraries and characterising the output of protein scaffold or antibody fragment technologies for therapeutic applications. Your role will be to screen, express, purify and characterise lead molecules from the Affimer phage libraries for a range of therapeutic targets.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Generate high quality recombinant protein targets from a range of expression systems.
- Modify target proteins and fully characterising the product for functional activity.
- Generate and design random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naive and affinity maturation.
- Execute repeated rounds of phage display planning against the generated protein targets.
- Characterise phage derived Affimer candidates hits via SPR (Biacore or similar platform), ELISA and cell based assays.
- Sequence phage candidates via next generation DNA sequencing and interpreting the data.
- Sub-clone candidate Affimers into the appropriated protein expression system for lab scale production and HIS-tag purification.
- Format lead Affimers with serum half-life extension technologies (e.g. as a Fc-fusion) and characterising the molecules for functional activity.
- Keep up to date on latest phage display and related technologies.
- Present work/data to clients and write scientific reports
- Maintain a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc/PhD degree in molecular biology or protein biochemistry (or equivalent)
- Laboratory experience of screening and engineering therapeutic protein scaffolds or antibodies fragment technologies using display technologies.
- A high level of lab based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating expression constructs.
- Experience of various phage display selection strategies (e.g. passive immobilisation, bead capture etc.)
- A track record of characterising the output of phage screens using target binding assays (e.g. RBA, ELISA, cell based assays, Biacore etc)
- Extensive experience of recombinant protein expression systems (E. coli, yeast and mammalian), protein purification and characterisation (SDS-PAGE, Western blot etc)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, maintaining and culturing cells.
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company providing instrumentation, consumables and reagents for life science researchers.
For more information or to apply for this Screening Scientist position please contact Tenni Cole-Etti on 01438 842 974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33534 in all correspondence.