CK Group is recruiting for a Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months. The hourly rate for this role is up to £15 per hour PAYE.
The Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
The Location: This is an excellent opportunity to be based at our client's site in Cambridge. Cambridge still remains at the forefront of science and is one of Europe's most important industry clusters.
Working collaboratively with in vivo pharmacologists across the oncology portfolio, you will apply your technical expertise to a number of project teams delivering efficacy and pharmacodynamic studies to aid drug discovery and development.
Your main responsibility will be to plan and run in vivo studies, as well assisting other members of the team with their studies. Key will be your ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working as part of a team. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively as part of cross-functional, multidisciplinary project teams.
Hours of work are 36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and 1 in 5 weekends
- PLEASE NOTE: 1 in 5 weekends need to be worked (Sat + Sun short AM or PM shift) - you will get the time back during the week.
- First degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area of Cancer Biology
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to work as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Home Office licence holder modules 1-4 is desirable.
- Expert in vivo skills that can be applied to oncology drug discovery
- Ability to critically analyse and communicate in vivo scientific data
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46498 in all correspondence.