Scientist/Senior Scientist Bio-Assays
CK Group are working in partnership with Avacta to recruit for a Scientist/Senior Scientist Bio-Assays to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Avacta is developing Affimer https://avacta.com/therapeutics/affimer-technology/® bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology. The Affimer technology is a novel protein scaffold based on the human protease inhibitor Stefin A. Key benefits of the Affimer technology are its small size, ease of formatting, high expression yields (even of large multimeric structures) and stability. Avacta are also developing a range of novel FAP-a activated pro-drug chemotherapeutics (pre|CISION https://avacta.com/therapeutics/precision/™ and TMAC™) that can be used as mono- or as combination therapies for the treatment of a wide range of cancers. Our first drug AVA6000, has recently beenapproved https://avacta.com/phase-i-clinical-trial-authorisation-for-ava6000-approved-by-mhra/?utm_content=154695585&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin&hss_channel=lcp-3342419 (Feb 2021) for clinical trials.
Avacta are conveniently in Cambridge, near Whittlesford Parkway station in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Scientist/Senior Scientist Bio-Assays Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Design, plan and perform complex and potentially novel immunology screening assays with minimal support and supervision and be responsible for the development/optimisation of assays, scheduling/coordination/performance of labactivities, and ensuring that timelines are met.
- Review and interpret data from studies, generate accurate presentations or reports and manage the data reporting for the project, sharing the data in a professional manner.
- Provide mentorship to junior scientists and develop and train analysts to perform bioassays as well as other testing as necessary.
- Proactively suggest and evaluate new techniques and work closely with other teams within the company to maintain consistency in the processYour Background:
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- Educated ideally to PhD level in a relevant life sciences field with experience in Immunoassay development (binding, competitive, bridging ELISA) in an industry position.
- Experience in development of cell-based assays with recombinant cell line, cell line and primary cells (gene reporter assays, cell killing assays, proliferation assays.
- Experience in Flow cytometry and cell binding proliferation assays.
For more information or to apply for this Scientist/Senior Scientist Bio-Assays position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email email@example.com , quoting job ref 49919
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK