Scientist - Harlow
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for multiple Scientists to join a company specializing in a variety of pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. This role will either be based at their site in Harlow or Saffron Walden on a temporary basis for 12 weeks.
The purpose of this laboratory-based role is to design and synthesise target molecules for client programmes. The job role is also a learning and development opportunity and in addition to conducting the general duties listed below, the candidate will be expected to expand their skill set and learn about the drug discovery process.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Performing duties such as designing and synthesising target molecules, conducting purifications and analysing the compounds prepared, with minimal supervision
- Interrogating biological data generated for the project with support from more experienced members of the project team, and use these data to achieve the project goals
- Presenting own work confidently, internally and to the client
- Completing lab book to department and patent-acceptable standard
- Highlighting interesting synthetic and medicinal chemistry papers
- Using appropriate drug discovery search engines (e.g., SciFinder) to plan synthetic routes
- Maintaining a strong awareness of the relevant scientific literature and contemporary laboratory practices
- Attending training sessions as agreed with line manager
- Operating in a safe manner at all times and to comply with Company site-based guidelines
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc in Synthetic Chemistry or a similar discipline (or equivalent)
- An ability to work in a safe manner at all times ensuring procedures/SOPs are adhered to
- Experience in working in an industrial setting, especially in medicinal chemistry
- Use of chemical drawing packages (ChemDraw)
- A strong awareness of the relevant scientific literature and contemporary laboratory practices
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
If successful, you will be joining a innovative drug discovery company. In return there is an attractive salary, coupled with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on 01438 723500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST38435 in all correspondence.