Scientist - Deeside
Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Scientist (Bio-conjugation) to join a growing Biopharmaceutical company based in Deeside. Our client develop processes for the conjugation, purification and formulation of antibody drug conjugates. This role is a full time, permanent position.
Our client is entering an exciting period of growth and moving from R&D to clinical development and manufacturing. The individual must therefore be seeking a challenging, evolving and changing role.
On offer is a competitive salary, £20,000 - £30,000 depending on experience, Pension plus 3 days gratis holiday during Christmas shutdown.
As a Scientist (Bio-conjugation) you will:
- Develop processes for the conjugation, purification and formulation of antibody drug conjugates
- Perform process robustness, characterisation and optimisation studies
- Process scale up (and ultimately transfer into GMP facilities)
- Formulation development and stability studies as required
Qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in life science/biochemical discipline
Experience working in a regulated environment - GLP/cGMP for example.
Significant Practical Experience in at least one of the following aspects: Protein Conjugation/Modification:
Knowledge of protein modification or conjugation chemistry techniques
Protein Purification Process Development:
- Preparative Chromatography - Prot A/G, IEX, GFC, HIC
- Tangential Flow Filtration - UF/DF
- Filtration - selection/sizing
- HPLC based techniques for protein and antibody characterisation - SEC, RP, HIC etc
- UV/VIS, Bradford, etc
- ELISA, SPR
- Previous biotech industry experience in process development or process scale up / manufacturing
- Experience in the use of Experimental Design (DOE) and statistical data analysis
- Experience of protein formulation screening/development
If successful you will be joining a growing company specialising in Protein purification with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44660 in all correspondence.