Scientist - Biochemistry - Birmingham
Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for a Research Scientist within the field of Biochemistry, to join a leading specialised medical diagnostic company based in Birmingham on a permanent basis. Our client engages in the research, development, manufacture, and distribution of immunodiagnostic assays for the laboratory market. This role has come about due to team expansion and a is great opportunity to join a growing organisation in the heart of Birmingham.
The Role: Will be based within Clinical Biochemistry R&D. The successful candidate will be involved in the development and improvement of antibody/protein reagents and analytical systems.
- Degree qualified in Science or equivalent (Biochemistry), or MSc in Protein Sciences.
- Commercial laboratory experience and Lab based project experience gained during placements/ post-graduation.
- Perform laboratory experiments as directed by the Project Leader and to record data.
- Make scientific and intellectual contributions to product/assay development.
- Degree in Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Experience of protein and biochemical analyses.
- Hands-on laboratory experience gained during degree projects, placements or post-graduation employment.
- Passionate about biochemical/analytical sciences with a desire to work in a dynamic research environment.
- Previous industrial experience in healthcare or medical diagnostics sector.
- Working knowledge of protein purification (including chromatography systems) and/or bioconjugation.
To apply for this position contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45290 in all correspondence.