Scientist - Antibody Development
CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough, on an initial 12-month contract.
The Company: Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
Location: This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you driveor even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Scientist - Antibody Development Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Assist with early biomarker development in biofluids and the second to undertake mechanism of action studies in the development of anti-fibrotic therapies.
- Work in multiple project teams to develop and apply ligand-based assays in biofluids and tissues to support biomarker development.
- Develop and apply complex primary human cell models of disease that reflect the biology of the target and be used to understand mechanisms, pathways and therapeutic intervention.
- Use a range of scientific competencies, develop relevant assays for:screening, function; mechanism; target validation as appropriate.
- Have the ability to analyse, interrogate data and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Use excellent communication and team working abilities, disseminate high quality data for widerreview in reporting and visualisation environments.
- MSc with significant experience or PhD.
- Significant expertise in the running and development of ligand based assays (e.g. ELISA, MSD, Luminex) in biological fluids. The ability to transfer these skills to colleagues both internally and externally (i.e. collaborators).
- Working knowledge of biomarker discovery and development including an understanding of required CV and QC needs.
- History of successful applicationof primary human cell culture assays to model disease pathology both in a 2D and 3D environment.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Senior Scientist position, please contact James Horne at CK Science on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 49375.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.