Scheduler/Buyer - Liverpool
Heather is recruiting for a Scheduler/Buyer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Liverpool on a contract basis for 12 months.
The Company: Our client is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. They have steadfastly remained independent, but not isolated. Our client is consistently ranked as one of the best companies in the world to work for, and generations of employees have sustained a culture that values excellence, integrity and respect for people.
Location: The role will be based at our clients site in Speke, an area of Liverpool close to the boundaries of the Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley. It is 7.7 miles south east of the city centre making it easily accessible via car and boasts great public transport links.
Key Responsibilities include to:
- Be the main supply chain contact for day to day activities. Attend daily production plan meetings, represent wider supply chain issues to the production team.
- Maintain production schedules and campaigns based on the master schedules. Implement master schedules to ensure the master schedule end dates and customer service commitments are met.
- Communicate the production plan in line with the master production schedule.
- Ensure production plan and capacities are aligned and investigate any discrepancies.
- Liaise with many groups of people including warehousing, QA and laboratories to ensure material is available to meet customer demand. Generate data to support demand consolidation and lab pre- S&OP processes.
- Maintain schedules by reviewing work centres in APO/SAP and processing RR's if necessary.
- Prioritise and expedite product approvals as required, reviewing the status of outstanding deviations relating to required lots.
- Liaise with internal & external warehousing to schedule required material movements to support production activities.
- MRP owner for Finished Goods Manufacturing.
- Purchase of MRP items to support manufacturing operations.
- Liaison with Production supervision to ensure production continuity.
- Calculate material requirements using the exception report, or tank gauges or information from work tickets, calculating required delivery schedules accounting for lead times.
- Review safety stocks, order quantities and lead times maintained in SAP.
- Execute label changes in conjunction with artwork studio, PPM group & regulatory requirements.
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies raw material/packaging suppliers.
- Generate data and lead supply chain metric review meetings with Team Leaders, MS&T, QA, Production Co-ordinators. Ensure failures are investigated and appropriate countermeasures implemented.
- Review and interpret inventory and provision reports on a monthly basis and ensure actions are followed through e.g. material dispositioned for destruction, expired materials etc. Maintain monthly financial data around days of stock.
- Experience in a MRP role in a manufacturing environment operating.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP processes, materials management and purchasing.
- Working knowledge of supply chain business processes; Shop Floor Control, Master Production Planning, Sales & Operations Planning.
- Experience of production planning and data analysis tools (e.g. SAP R/3, APO, Business Objects).
- Strong communications skills.
- High level of attention to detail and adherence to process disciplines.
- Intermediate Microsoft office package user.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45342 in all correspondence.