Scale Up Chemist
Rob Walker is recruiting for a Scale Up Chemist to join a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Greater Manchester on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the Scale Up Chemist role will be to work closely with personnel from development, scale up, sales and engineering departments, to provide a world class timely service for the production of samples for customer evaluation and process development.
Further responsibilities of the Scale Up Chemist will be:
- the manufacture and development of new products and processes for the business from 100g scale in the laboratory through to small pilot plant scale of 5-10kg up to occasional work on 150kg scale or above. The majority of time will be focused initially around the hands on sample production at the 5-10kg scale.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Have a BSC in chemistry, materials science or chemical engineering plus a certain amount of experience in an industrial chemical environment, or equivalent level of competency.
- Have knowledge of in-process testing and the ability to analyse and interpret results.
- Have a high level of practical skills which can be applied in both laboratory and pilot plant.
- Have experience in handling data and chemical calculations.
- Be able to work under pressure to produce accurate and timely results.
- Have excellent communication skills, being able to interact with wide variety of groups, as well as produce high standard technical reports.
- Have a good knowledge of IT packages Experience in inorganic chemistry, sorption, catalysis, nanotechnology or ceramics would be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large company and develop your skills to the next level
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Rob Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34762 in all correspondence.