Sample Preparation Technician
CK Group are recruiting for a Sample Preparation Technician to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 6 months.
Within this role flexibility is essential and applicants will be askedto work on shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm, Monday-Saturday
- 15 - £17ph PAYE depending upon experience
Sample Preparation Technician Role:
- Primary responsibilities will include the removal of specimen transport tubes fromkit packaging according to the safety guidelines outlined in COVID-19 Specimen Receiving SOP, while using necessary PPE.
- Identifying samples that may be compromised or do not meet established acceptability criteria according to defined processes and procedures will also be a critical part of this role (e.g. not accurately labelled, open tubes, empty tubes etc).
- Sorting samples as needed into racks and pipette samples into 96 well plates; complete viral inactivation steps and enter required information in a LIMS system.
- You will receive training on a specific sample preparation procedure that is compatible with the downstream assay method as well as guidance on accurate, safe handling and processing of samples according to a specific COVID-19 Specimen Processing SOP that is applicable.
- Lab experience with human biological samples
- Previous experience of aseptic technique preferred.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends
- Excellent attention to detail
Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
Location: This Sample Preparation Technician role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Natashaon 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51695.