Research and Development Laboratory Technician
CK Group are recruiting for a Research and Development Laboratory Technician to join a rapidly growing diagnostics research and development company at their site based near Bedford on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is offering an opportunity to be involved in transforming In Vitro Diagnostic testing and providing next generation of healthcare. Due to continued growth of our client's business they are looking for proactive, experience and enthusiastic individuals who can help make a significant contribution to the continued success of the business.
Location: The site is based near Bedford, but is not well served by public transport so the ability to drive is preferred. It is accessible by road from surroundingareas including Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Luton, Northampton, Stevenage, Huntingdon, Kettering and more.
R&D Laboratory Technician role: Working in a project team you will manage laboratory equipment, process clinical samples, test prototype systems, assist scientists in carrying out experiments and process results while ensuring the laboratory environment is maintained effectively. The company will consider local applicants entering the industry, or those who have some industry experience.There will be opportunity for progression.
The main duties of this role will be to:
- Produce the scientific elements of the product
- Perform testing of technology on site and at clinical sites and handle (process/test/store) clinical samples received from external sources
- Operate and run samples on appropriate reference systems and prototype instrumentation
- Routine verification, calibration, maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment
- Prepare buffer solutions and reagent formulations as per agreed procedural specifications
- Be part of a team developing testing procedures and prototype production processes, including documenting newly developed processes
- Record and communicate experimental observations and recommendations to assay development team
- Investigate non-conformances to ensure closure to agreed timelines
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant biological science, with good numeracy skills and an understanding of molarity
- Ideally proven experience of working in laboratories, handling clinical samples and operating clinical analysers
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a lab environment
- Innovation in solving problems and proactive in seeking out jobs in the laboratory that require to be carried out
- Driving licence with own transport in order to get to site
- Experience of the following would be advantageous: understanding of common immunoassay systems; diagnostic assay development experience; knowledge of QMS and Design Controls; experience of working in a GLP regulated environment; experience working within a biohazard/ class 2 laboratory environment.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Research and Development Laboratory Technician, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49605.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.