Research Technician - Hampshire
Jocelyn Blackham at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Research Technician to join a growing Molecular Diagnostic company based in Southampton. This role is a fixed term contract for 3 months.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Assist in the development and validation of in vitro diagnostic kits
- Ensure diagnostic kits are in line with specification
- Assist senior staff in maintaining technical files and developing user instructions
- Report any non conformances and complete troubleshooting activities
- Maintain laboratory standards and ensure Health and Safety aspects are adhered to
- Regularly complete DNA sequencing, mainly through Sanger sequencing
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc/HNC/HND in a relevant science based subject (or equivalent)
- Have an understanding of CE-IVD regulatory frameworks
- Previous experience working within a similar role would be advantageous
- Molecular biology experience is desirable
- Experience with QPCR is essential
- Previous experience using Sanger sequencing would be advantageous
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a growing company which provides superior molecular diagnostics.
For more information or to apply for this Research Technician position please contact Jocelyn Blackham on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33640 in all correspondence.