Research Scientist, Natural Products Discovery
CK Group are seeking a Research Scientist to join the Products Discovery team with a next generation industrial biotechnology company producing plant-based ingredients for a range of sectors including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Location:This Scientist will be on a full time, permanent basis located in Cambridge, MA.
- Apply your knowledge of plant biochemistry, gene discovery, and/or structural biology to discover novel enzymes for recreating biosynthetic pathways to novelnatural products (NP) and NP-like compounds
- Design, construct, and test performance of enzyme orthologs or variants across a number of assays
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental plans and achieve project goals
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field
- Expertise in at least one of biochemistry, enzyme characterization, and assay development
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, cloning, and PCR
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. For more information or to apply for this Scientist position, please contact Hannah Oakley or Alex Tosney on +1 617 692 2948 or email USA@ckscience.com. Please quote 52115 in all communications.
Full Job Description will be available upon request.