Research Scientist, Computational Protein Modeling and Design
CK Group are seeking a Research Scientist to join the Computational Protein Modeling and Design team for a next generation industrial biotechnology company producing plant-based ingredients for a range of sectors including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Location: This Research Scientist, Computational Protein Modeling and Design role will be on a full time, permanent basis located in Cambridge, MA.
- Predict protein variants and libraries that improve enzyme substrate specificity or product profile
- Predict substrate binding poses with constraints from enzymatic reaction mechanisms
- Develop protein homology models using the best possible techniques available in the field
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans
- Assist with maintenance of hardware and software to support computational bioengineering
- Communicate results with colleagues
- D. in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, orsimilar discipline
- Experience with Rosetta in applications of protein modeling and/or small molecule docking and/or enzyme active site engineering
- Experience with protein visualization software such as PyMOL
- Fluent in programming in a Linuxenvironment using Python, other programming proficiency desirable
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. For more information or to apply for this Research Scientist, Computational Protein Modeling and Design position, please contact HannahOakley or Alex Tosney on +1 617 692 2948 or email USA@ckscience.com. Please quote 52299 in all communications.
Full Job Description will be available upon request.