Research Project Manager, Innovative Medicines Initiative - Cambridge
Jenni Woolley at CK Group is recruiting for a Research Project Manager to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on an 12 month contract basis with scope for extension.
Our client is one of the largest bio-pharmaceutical companies operating in the UK. They are committed to helping the UK develop the talent it needs to achieve the aspiration of being a global leader in life sciences, from the school classroom to PhDs. They are committed to working with the NHS, academia and other healthcare organisations to improve the delivery of healthcare and achieve the best health outcomes for people in the UK.
The position will be based at our clients Device Centre of Excellence where they specialise in the design and development of drug delivery devices, such as injectors or inhalers. The DCoE group based at Cambridge, UK is responsible for the design of new devices, along with the testing and industrialization. This said, this particular role will work on a much broader scope of products covering our client's entire portfolio.
As a Scientific and Project Manager, you will work as part of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) public private partnership and will thrive on the opportunity to lead coordination and project management of our client's cross divisional IMI portfolio.
You will provide a broad scope of support to further the goal of connecting the company with leading external innovative science by building networks and relationships with key opinion leaders across the industry. The opportunity comes with the chance to support multi-disciplinary matrixed teams across divisions and countries and with external partners as well as representatives from the European Commission.
Day to day duties will differ with exciting new projects and research occurring everyday. Primarily you will be responsible with the coordination and project management of research projects in the IMI portfolio and therefore liaise cross-functionally and externally on a daily basis. More specifically you will:
- Providing operational reporting leadership and coordination and guidance to colleagues of IMI process and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring appropriate and efficient completion of audit requirements.
- Liaise with other departments to understand priorities and assist in building projects that align with strategic objectives.
- Work with teams engaged in IMI consortia to identify and communicate impactful outcomes.
- Ensure effective coordination, collation, communication and reporting of information on the IMI program.
- Provide effective coordination between company divisions and external parties including EFPIA and IMI.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic candidate, ideally with a research background, who would thoroughly enjoy working across a diverse scope of products and research. They are hoping for a self-starter, motivator and organiser who can multi-task across multiple projects, work to deadlines and be a confident communicator. To be successful in this role you will have experience and a proven track record of project management, metric and financial reporting and scientific input. In addition, you have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Prior experience in a Healthcare / research environment.
- Expertise in engaging and leading matrixed teams both internally and with external organisations.
- Ideally a track record of project management of external alliances.
- Strong team player.
- Experience in coordinating projects and collating data and prioritizing in a proactive manner work requirements to meet team aims.
- Enthusiastic, and focused on representing the company with unquestioned integrity and will be viewed as a key contact for efficient running of the IMI Office.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni Woolley on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA43077 in all correspondence.