Research & Development Chemist
CK Science are recruiting for a Research & Development Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based near Leeds, on a full time permanent basis.
The company: An established chemical manufacturing company primarily focusingon sealants and adhesives, our client has a number of offices within the UK. Their Research & Development Department has an exciting open position for an R&D Chemist which offers a fantastic opportunity to support the development of the company's product range. The role would suit an experienced chemist looking to further their career by developing and modifying products for sales growth. You will deliver successful R&D projects on time to agreed specifications, ensuring all work is carried outto a high standard and becoming fully knowledgeable in the development of the product range. The company offers a salary in the range of £32-37,000pa depending on skills and experience, as well as flexible working (core hours are 10am-4pm).
Location: This role is based near Leeds and is easily accessible by road from surrounding areas including Wakefield, Doncaster, York, Bradford, Harrogate, Huddersfield and more.
Your main duties will be to:
- support the growth of the company by developing and/ or modifying products
- deliver successful R&D projects on time to agreed specifications
- have responsibility for an assigned project and delivery in accordance with the agreed project plan
- undertake training in relevant fields of sealants and adhesives, product formulation and testing
- undertake investigations in response to customer enquiries; manufacturing and quality issues; and encourage development of the knowledge within the department
The ideal candidate for this rolewill have the following skills and experience:
- proven experience of working in an industrial laboratory environment with product development and formulating experience within the sealants and adhesives chemistry sector
- experience of EHS relatedtopics and legislation relating to the laboratory environment
- proficient report writer with the ability to deliver presentations, product testing and analytics
- problem solver and also self-motivated, resilient, and self-reliant
- can build strongrelationships with different kinds of people
This role closes on 31st May 2021.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this R&D Formulation Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50624.