CK Group are recruiting for a Research Associate to join an assay development service at their site in Stratford-upon-Avon. This position is offered on a temporary basis, with a contract length of initially 3 months.
The Company: Our clients areexperts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA/RNA and quantifying it. They have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 130 countries worldwide. Last year they launched a range of assays and products to support the need for mass COVID-19 testing. Due to the emergence of new variants of the virus, they are seeking a scientist to support their surveillance programme, ensuring that their testing products continue to provide 100% detection and to track and identify the emergence of new variants as they arise.
Research Associate Role:
- Assisting in the design and execution of product validation and clinical research activities.
- Conducting PCR testing on samples, according guidelines provided by your supervisor.
- Verifying data in both digital and written form.
- Ensuring lab cleanliness and safety.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this Research Associate role will have the following skills and experience:
- A BSc in Biochemistry, Biomedical Science or Biology or closely related subject.
- Previous PCR knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Experience handling Hazard Group 2 organisms in a Category 2 Laboratory.
This role represents a chance for you to make a real difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Research Associate position, please contact Graeme Pallas on 0191 3848906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50311.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.