CK Group are recruiting for a Research Associate to join an assay development service at their site in Southampton. This position is offered on a temporary basis, with a contract length of 6 months.
The Company: Our clients are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA/RNA and quantifying it. They have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 130countries worldwide. Last year they launched a range of assays and products to support the need for mass COVID-19 testing. Due to the emergence of new variants of the virus, they are seeking a scientist to support their surveillance programme, ensuring that their testing products continue to provide 100% detection and to track and identify the emergence of new variants as they arise.
Research Associate Role:
- Assisting in the design and execution of product validation and clinical research activities.
- Conducting PCR testing on samples, according guidelines provided by your supervisor.
- Verifying data in both digital and written form.
- Ensuring lab cleanliness and safety.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this Research Associate role will have the following skills and experience:
- A BSc in Biochemistry, Biomedical Science or Biology or closely related subject.
- Previous PCR knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Experience handling Hazard Group 2 organisms in a Category 2 Laboratory.
This role represents a chance for you to make a real difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Research Associate position, please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49935.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.