Research Associate - Slough
Jade Stirk at CK Group is recruiting for a Research Associate to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
The Company: Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology based diseases.
Location: This position will be based on our client's site in Slough.
The Role: As a Research Associate you will support the development of high quality monoclonal antibodies, to drive our innovative antibody projects forward from the laboratory.
Further responsibilities will include:
- High throughput delivery of antibody sequences.
- Cloning of antibodies into vectors of interest and analysis of antibody sequence diversity.
- Testing of antibodies for desired characteristics, such as primary human cell binding.
- Ensuring team/project leaders are kept well informed of progress.
- Timely recording of all data in accordance with IP guidelines.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate with at least one year's practical laboratory experience in molecular biology and cell culture techniques; including PCR, cloning, aseptic cell culture and transient transfection of cell lines.
- Experience with Flow cytometry, ELISA, antibody discovery (hybridoma or phage display) and molecular biology techniques including RT-PCR, gene cloning, DNA sequence analysis and library construction would be an advantage.
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jade Stirk at CK Group on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46033 in all correspondence.