Research Assistant - Assay Development
CK Group are working in partnership with a growing biotechnology company to recruit a talented Research Assistant with expertise in Assay development, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The Company: An exciting opportunity to join a company that is focused on drug discovery and development for protein misfolding diseases. Based in Cambridge, they offer a competitive salary, bonus, pension and health cover.
- Assist in designing and applying molecular biology, biochemical and biophysical assays for the direct measurement of protein oligomers that are generated during protein aggregation in protein misfolding diseases
- Perform a range of antibody-based assays such as, ELISA, western blots, and imaging using a range of samples from in vitro, to cells and ex vivo
- Contribute to the automation of such assays.
- Mentor and coach colleagues with less experience
- BSc and/or MSc in bioscience, biochemistry,molecular biology, or a related discipline at a leading academic institution, and/or relevant industry experience
- Research expertise in the topic of protein misfolding and aggregation and experience working with amyloid-forming proteins
- Experience developing assays for the understanding of protein aggregation is desirable
- Experience in protein purification is valuable
- Experience in assisting to run a biophysical, biochemical or molecular biology laboratory
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. and please quote reference 51726