Regulatory Toxicologist - Leicester
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Regulatory Toxicologist to join a leading testing company based in Leicester, on a full time, permanent basis.
This FTSE 100 company is not only a leading company within their field, but they also have a network of global teams, with the clear opportunity for expansion and progression. Their office in Leicester is looking for someone to join their dynamic team and for that person to make an impact on the company and their team. The salary available is £35,000-40,000 for the right candidate and there may be an opportunity for this person to work from home a number of days per week.
As a Regulatory Toxicologist, the responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Write a critical evaluation of toxicological profiles for raw materials thoroughly evaluating any impurities
- Direct and manage resources, activities and timelines to ensure that projects are effectively executed to meet client and business objectives.
- Be jointly responsible for the quality control of complex scientific projects
- For many customers you will be offering advice on formulations, warning labels and providing a one-stop-shop of toxicological and regulatory expertise.
- Act as an in-house scientific advisor on complex scientific and regulatory issues.
- Keep abreast of scientific trends and changes by participating with scientific agencies and attending scientific conferences
- Advise clients of relevant legislation (normally in cosmetic products) and to build a strong command of these legislation to advise industry through presentations at international conferences, seminars
As a Regulatory Toxicologist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Have comprehensive experience of toxicological risk assessment, preferably of consumer or formulated industrial products.
- Be able to write a critical evaluation of toxicological profiles for raw materials thoroughly evaluating any impurities
- Ideally have knowledge of the EU Cosmetics regulation and guidance and your own ideas and opinions related to the safety assessment of cosmetic products.
- Ideally but not essential have working knowledge of other regulatory areas including hazard classification (CLP or GHS), Detergent regulation, REACh.
- A Masters or higher degree (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline related to toxicology or significant experience in toxicology risk assessment.
- Work is undertaken for customers across the globe, so an appreciation of cultural differences and an awareness of differing regulatory requirements is essential.
For more information or to apply for this Regulatory Toxicologist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH41682 in all correspondence.