Regulatory Affairs Assistant
Are you looking for your next role in chemical regulatory affairs? I am currently handling a position for a Regulatory Affairs Assistant to join the R&D department of a chemicals and materials manufacturing company. This is a full time, permanent role and will be based at the company's site in Lancashire. Please note this role is 100% office based and will involve no lab-based work.
Our client is a global company with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Africa and Asia. Part of a larger group, they are one of the market leaders in their field. The main aim of the Regulatory Affairs Assistant is to assist the regulatory manager and group in the administration of regulatory compliance. Our client is able to offer a salary of circa £25,000 which will depend on skills and experience. The also offer a bonus, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and more.
Responsibilities of this Regulatory Affairs Assistant will include:
- SDS writing and maintenance, hazard classifications and label approvals alongside European MSDS Team ensuring compliance.
- Support and contribute to labelling change projects.
- Respond to internal and external SDS requests and queries.
- Undertake administration of notification submissions and SDS provision to poison centres.
- Supplier compliance (raw material and purchased goods) and provision of information to customers/downstream users concerning REACH.
- Assist with substance monitoring and any resulting product issues or business impact.
- Assist with global compliance; SDS, labelling, chemical substance inventories.
- Product information support and administration for compliance with environmental schemes such as; BREEAM, LEED, BASTA, SandaHus etc.
- On-site support for production facility and R&D including assisting with Bill of Materials/formulation maintenance and other technical/R&D documentation support.
- Raw materials management; document maintenance (SDS, Specifications), monitor updates or changes.
As a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum A-level (or equivalent) qualification in chemistry, toxicology, process technology or similar.
- Proven industry experience of Safety Data Sheet authoring and hazard labelling - essential.
- Proven industry experience in a regulatory role including product chemical compliance and hazard classification - essential.
- Good overview understanding of CLP, GHS and REACH with basic awareness of Dangerous Goods for Transport (ADR/ IATA/ IMDG).
- Experience gained preferably within a chemical manufacturing environment but related industry sector experience will be considered.
- Keenness to undertake further regulatory training and development.
- Competency in IT and attention to detail.
- Experience of using SAP and of ChemGes software would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45762 in all correspondence.