R&D Technical Manager
Jade Stirk is recruiting for an R&D Technical Manager for a rapidly growing research and development company. The R&D Technical Manager will be working at the site in Stirling on a permanent basis.
Our client is offering an opportunity to be involved in transforming In Vitro Diagnostic testing and providing next generation of healthcare. Due to continued growth of our client's business they are looking for proactive, experienced and enthusiastic individuals who can help make a significant contribution to the continued success of the business.
This role is located at their state of the art facility based in Stirling. There are good transport links and the site is easily accessible from the M9. Stirling is a desirable place to live and work and is easily commutable from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee.
As part of the Assay Development team you will be responsible for leading the project team to develop and deliver diagnostic assays to meet the product requirements for launch in line with the company's goals and timelines. In addition you will also be responsible for the technical leadership of the project as well as the continuous growth and development of the projects scientific team.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of individual assays from concept through Design Freeze and Transfer to Production to Launch following the Design and Development process incorporating Design for Manufacture(DFM) approach.
- Create and communicate project updates
- Managing internal and external partners to support the assay development.
- Developing a robust assay system through product characterisation, risk management and testing to failure.
- Ensuring that the developed assay and its components are capable of meeting the required performance, stability and cost requirements for the assay platform.
- Ensuring GDP, GLP and GMP standards are maintained.
- Managing and developing teams of up to twelve technical staff
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline
- Technical and team leadership skills
- Able to motivate self and others, with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Project planning and management skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of factors which drive Immunoassay performance
- Experience of working to ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820 (or similar)
- Experience and knowledge of requirements to launch an in-vitro diagnostic product
- Experience of leading multiple R&D projects, from proof of concept to product launch.
- Experience of leading technical and project teams of varying sizes
For more information or to apply for the R&D Technical Manager position, please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46572 in all correspondence.