CK Group are recruiting for an R&D Scientist to join a leading medical diagnostics company at their site based in Gateshead on a permanent full-time basis.
Our client are a market leader in their field and have pioneered advances in technology and instrumentation.
This role is located in Gateshead and the site is easily commutable from the A1(M) and surrounding towns/cities in the North East.
Research and Development Scientist Role:
Your main duties willbe to:
- Take receipt of new projects for the development and application of capillary electrophoresis methods
- Identify deliverables and schedules for new work requests
- Identify and confirm issues with product performance reported by the QC Scientist during testing
- Implement/update processes within manufacturing and QC departments to prevent the reoccurrence of these issues.
- To instigate, create, review and maintain Quality System Procedures relating to product validation and verification
- To liaise with the Software Department to develop the Platinum user software
- Complete all software testing prior to customer release
- To maintain the R&D department including management of stock levels and ordering of laboratory supplies
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc. or equivalent in Life Sciences
- 2 years post-graduate laboratory/R&D experience is desirable but not essential
- Good laboratory practice and life science background
- Sound knowledge and interest in Capillary Electrophoresis
- Good attention to detail and able to work well in a team
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Research & Development Scientist position,please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51326.