Are you an experienced analyst who is looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Quality Technician to join a multi-national oil & gas servicing company that supply drilling fluids to industry. This is a full time, permanent opportunity on days.
The Company: Our client is one of the world's leading supplier of drilling fluids to the oil & gas industry and supply their services both locally in the North Sea region and internationally. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful Quality Technician will have gained prior experience in an industrial lab and will ideally be degree qualified in chemistry. Hours are 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday and the company offers a salary in the region of £22-26,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
Location: This role is located in Aberdeen. The site is easily commutable from the surrounding areas via good road networks and local transport links.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Direct and perform verifiable quality assurance tests on company products.
- Prepare laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location.
- Provide advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of drilling, reservoir fluids and completion fluids.- Supervise personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste.
- Monitor the operation, maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external clients.
- Mentor and coach the less experienced personnel, monitor their development and act as a role model for lab personnel.
- Perform regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the lab is operating as per the required standards, prepare and follow up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Perform Risk Analysis and identify & address potential safety hazards.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level in chemistry, or an HND or equivalent in Chemistry will be accepted as a minimum essential qualification.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role in a similar industrial environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of analytical techniques.
- Completion of SCDP requirements would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47149 in all correspondence.