Quality Manager, Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Quality Manager to join a construction materials manufacturing company based in the Vale of Glamorgan on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Quality Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to play a key part in driving the quality of the company's products up to, and beyond the standards expected by customers. The successful applicant will be a key member of the Works Management Team. This role will be expected to maintain systems for certification of product, monitoring of production control and product quality, to comply with company policy and customers expectations along with Environmental and Health and Safety Standards.
Further responsibilities of this Quality Manager will include:
- Maintaining and further improving the Health, safety and Environmental aspects within the remit of this role
- Ensuring that all Health, Safety, Environmental, and all other Company Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Checking that the manufacturing materials and the end product itself comply with general and specific standards
- Ensuring that the products (raw materials, end product) comply with the standards (EN, ISO, etc) following Key quality indicators and customer needs
- Operating a Quality Management System that ensures the certification of products, operational testing, monitoring and reporting
- Initiating actions to prevent product noncompliance
- Seeking out new opportunities to maximise the business benefits from the use of reserves, alternative raw materials, fuels, raw meal chemistry, clinker chemistry, cement specification and the use of additives to the product
- Ensuring prompt production of routine Quality Data as required by the Sales function and Customers
- Ensuring that the analysis and measuring equipment (calibration) is in good working condition and meets the standards
- Must be able to coach and develop own staff and other teams involved in Product Quality
- Ensuring that all laboratory personnel are fully trained and competent in the Product Quality management system and the ISO Quality Management system and control of production
- Managing chemistry/quality/environment projects to carry out ISO9001 improvements and standardisation. Coordinates certification procedures (ISO9001)
- Liaising with the technical sales force and their customers in case of quality claims
As a Quality Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Chemistry / Materials Science / related Degree or equivalent - ESSENTIAL
- NEBOSH Certificate - preferred
- Significant experience of a similar role on a cement works - ESSENTIAL
- A good knowledge of laboratory equipment and methods (experience as a quality engineer) e.g. XRF - strongly preferred
- Significant experience in a technical/ quality management role - ESSENTIAL
- People management experience - ESSENTIAL
- An indepth knowledge of processes: raw meal preparation, burning, air flows combustion, grinding·An indepth knowledge of physicochemical characteristics of semi and end products, of parameters and of standards applied to cement
- Fully conversant with laboratory sample and recording systems in a cement / concrete or related product laboratory·A good knowledge of standards and QA certification procedures
- Fully conversant with ISO9001 quality management system, BS EN197, TechBase and LQTS including audits - ESSENTIAL
- An indepth working knowledge of cement products - ESSENTIAL
- Be highly analytical with the ability to analyse data and compile logical, structured reports
- Competent in MS Office (particularly Excel), Google, JDE, TechBase, etc
- Be commercially aware
- Have experience of managing change and implementing new processes and procedures
- Have experience of training others
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage projects and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build up and sustain effective cross functional relationships between external agencies, Sales, Marketing, Technical centre, Works quality function and Logistics
As Quality Manager you will be working with a construction materials manufacturing company.
- Quality Department - Cement Operations
- Reports to: Plant Manager
- Direct reports: 5 including chemist, technicians, Lab Supervisor
- Bonus, Pension scheme, 25 days holiday
For more information or to apply for this Quality Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33603 in all correspondence.