Quality Control Technician
CK Group are recruiting for an experienced Quality Control Technician to join an inks manufacturing company based near Grantham, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an established inks manufacturer now looking for a quality technician to join their team. As a Quality Control Technician, you will be responsible to the Technical Director and the main purpose of your role will be to perform quality control tests on a variety of outgoing products in order to ensure they are of a merchantable quality. The company is looking to offer a salary in the region of circa £20,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Location: This Quality Control Technician role is located at the company's site near Grantham. Itis accessible by road from surrounding areas including Newark, Nottingham, Melton Mowbray etc.
Quality Control Technician Role: You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the QC procedures are prioritised and completed as soon as possible.
- Responsibility for printing inks using both screen printing and Rotary Letterflex printing techniques.
- Transferring finished prints for durability testing using a heat press.
- Completing and updating durability test sheets forall outgoing products, including sash testing at various temperatures, dye-migration tests, rub tests using a Crockmeter, cut and fold simulation etc.
- Investigating causes and solutions of any failed tests.
- Any other duties assigned by the Technical Director.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of e.g. draw down tests, viscosity, colour matching, rub resistance, etc.
- Experience gained within the inks, paints or coatings industry.
- A quality control mindset with good attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks.
- Proficient with computers/Microsoft Office applications.
- Good time keeping/record keeping.
- Driving license required as the site is not easy to reach via public transport.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Quality Control Technician position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 oremail email@example.com. Please quote reference 50453.