Quality Control Strip Calibration Testing Manager
CK Science are recruiting for a Quality Control Strip Calibration Testing Manager to work within a laboratory environment for a rapidly growing research and development company. The QC Strip Calibration Testing Manager will be working at the company's site in Motherwell near Glasgow on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions.
QC Strip Calibration Testing Manager Role: Reporting to the QC Manager, you will be responsible for running the Quality Control Strip Calibration testing to ensure strip performance meets required specifications for multiple products. You will also manage the strip testing schedule to meet business needs and the implementation, validation and improvement of Calibration Release test methods. You will work closely with both the Product Assurance team and R&D project teams to improve strip performance. You willhave line management responsibilities for a QC sampling technician. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits for this role, depending on experience.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Manage the Strip Testing schedule and report daily progress.
- Review and improve existing QC test methods and release procedures.
- Ensure effective New Product Transfer from R&D into QC.
- Develop a system for trending and reporting of Strip performance data.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to simplify processes, improve performance and reduce Cost of Goods.
- Automation of Data Capture and Analysis.
- Review and Approval of Calibration Batch Records.
- Ensure adherence to GxP and relevant regulatory standards including ISO13485, FDA 21CFR Part 820.
- Create a working environment which acknowledges and pro-actively supports compliance with GMP.
- Be responsible for line managing a QC sampling technician.
- Please note this role will be very much hands on.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A strong technical capability of working in medical devices.
- Line management experience is not essential though would be advantageous.
- A background in Science/Engineering with experienceof working in a QC environment.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth experience of product testing and release procedures would be advantageous.
- Green Belt Certified would be beneficial but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Statistics.
- Proven track record of people development.
- Proven track record of problem solving.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Quality Control Strip Calibration Testing Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email@example.com, quoting job ref 49930.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.