Quality Control Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for a QC Chemist to join a biopharmaceutical company at their site based in Carrigtwohill, near Cork on a 12 month contract basis. The rate of pay is up to €18.70 - €20.30 per hour.
The Company: Our client is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Their Ireland operations are responsible for manufacturing, quality control, packaging, and the release and distribution of the company's products in the European Union and other international locations.
The Location: This role will be based at our clients manufacturing site in Carrigtwohill. Carrigtwohill, officially Carrigtohill, is a town in County Cork, Ireland with a population of 5,080. It is 12 kilometres east of Cork city and can be accessed via the N25.
- Conducts procedure updates in QC lab and GMP reviews of logbooks.
- Coordinates waste management, LEAN and 5S efforts as required.
- Tests raw materials, intermediates and finished product samples according to written procedures.
- Reviews data and results of testing to ensure compliance to appropriate specifications and protocols.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation/test methods.
- Assists in the training of QC staff as needed.
- 2+ years of relevant experience and a BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a pharmaceutical operations environment.
- Working knowledge of GMPs, pharmacopoeial, and regulatory requirements for testing and validation.
- Advanced knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Experience of analytical techniques.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47051 in all correspondence.