Quality Assurance Supervisor - Shropshire
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Supervisor to join a lubricants manufacturer based in Shropshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
The company has been around for a number of years and now requires a QA Supervisor to join their team. Offering circa £30,000 depending on experience, hours of work are 8.45-5pm Monday - Friday. The company also offers a generous pension scheme which comes with life cover in addition to a discretionary bonus scheme and other benefits. The role will consist of calibration and maintenance of lab equipment as well as QA documentation of chemicals and packaging. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will work alongside 9 others in the lab. This role would suit a degree qualified (or equivalent) applicant with hands on experience of using ICP and XRF as well as working in and taking part in audits for an ISO17025 accredited laboratory.
As a Quality Assurance Supervisor, the main purpose of your role will be to ensure product and raw material quality through adherence to written specifications; to maintain the laboratory management systems (LIMS) and instrument calibration systems to recognised standards (ISO 9001; ISO 17025); to monitor, review and report non-conforming material and batch blending performance.
Further responsibilities of this Quality Assurance Supervisor will be:
- To agree, collate, update and maintain QA specifications for all finished products, raw materials, containers and packaging, specifying quality requirements when necessary
- To identify improvements and amendments necessary to procedures and standards relating to improved performance and quality, in addition for the LIMS system
- To produce statistical information relating to the blending operation and laboratory testing performance to include blend batch adjustment rates against Company targets specified within Quality standards
- To advise and, if necessary, issue production batch concessions in conjunction with the Technical Director/ Technical Services Manager/ Automotive Products Manager in circumstances where reporting and certification allows
- Issuing of Certificates of Conformity for finished products supplied to customers when requested in conjunction with the Laboratory Supervisor
- To review relevant industry standard (IP, ASTM, DIN, ISO etc.) test methods to ensure that the latest and most appropriate method is being utilized
- To undertake internal and Supplier audits as required by the Quality system and to assist with on-site Customer and Internal Standards Organization (ISO) audits
- To oversee and report audit sample testing instigated by Customers ('round robins') and ASTM proficiency testing Please note this is not an exhaustive list; please contact CK for a full job description.
As a QA Supervisor, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry preferred, HNC/ HND or equivalent minimum
- Must be familiar with analytical techniques such as Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectroscopy (ICP) and Xray Fluorescence (XRF) - essential
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) experience and techniques used in the lubricants industry would be beneficial - e.g. viscosity (kinematic, HTHS, Brookfield), flash point, cold cranking simulator etc.
- Experience gained within an ISO17025 accredited laboratory - essential
- Must be able to work as part of a small team. Must have good communication skills
- Must have an attention to detail and an emphasis on Quality matters
- Must have an analytical and inquisitive mind
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- A number of years' experience in a Quality related Laboratory and/ or experience of working in a Lubricants related Laboratory
- Experience of administrating LIMS would be an advantage
For more information or to apply for this Quality Assurance Supervisor position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH38675 in all correspondence.