Quality Assurance Officer
CK Science are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Officer to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Runcorn on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a chemical manufacturing organisation who are now looking for an experienced QA Officer with good chemistry knowledge to join the small but successful and growing team. The company's production facilities are located overseas and so the right candidate will travel overseas periodically for auditing purposes. This role will ensure the company's products meet the established standards of quality by administrating QA standards and documentation management systems, such as ISO 9001, GLP and cGMP. The successful QA Officer will play a key role in supporting customers' satisfaction. Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the company offers a salary in the region of £28-34,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension and discretionary bonus.
Location: This Quality Assurance Officer role is located in Runcorn, easily commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Warrington, Manchester and surrounding areas.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Implement and mainten the company's QMS to adhere to ISO9001.
- Assist the Health and Safety Officer with the implementation of ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Prepare and document procedures for all business activities and conduct internal training of any new or revised procedures.
- Schedule, arrange and conduct internal auditing.
- Cross check analytical results against specification to approve and release products.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data and prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Liaise with customers at joint venture locations over-seas to carry out and document quality audits.
- Support on-site audits conducted by external providers and conduct internal audits following the internal audit program.
- Monitor corrective and preventive actions of audits and deviations and supervise deviation management and change control.
- Create material safety data sheets to worldwide standards and be REACH aware.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry - strongly preferred.
- HNC or HND considered alongside a sound industrial chemical career.
- Certifications including Quality Management, Quality Improvement and auditing would be an advantage.
- Experience in quality management inspection and auditing within the chemical industry and implementation and completion of corrective action programs - essential.
- GLP and cGMP experience and exposure - essential.
- The company is looking to achieve ISO45001 status so prior experience would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this QA Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 47863.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.