QC Technical Specialist - Surrey
Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently recruiting for a QC Technical Specialist to join a world-leading, innovation-driven animal health company based in Surrey. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- In all duties, activities and responsibilities, to operate fully respecting Corporate and EU/UK Standards of GMP, Biosafety and HSE
- Work alongside all departments on site (production, QA, Engineering and HSE etc) to support with operational best practice and process standardisation
- Liaise with line managers to ensure the right standards, both visual & documented (SOPs) are in place in terms of good production and control practices
- Lead the evaluation of existing plant & process, and work with Production, Engineering and QC teams to write Change Controls, Deviations, SOPs, CAPA and protocols to drive process improvement
- Develop and deliver technical-based training packages with the support of the training officer. This will also include coaching & delivery of ad hoc training to address specific technical issues as they arise
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a number of process related activities based on past experiences. Support with preparation and approval of SME related site SOP's
- Lead/contribute, as required, in cross-functional trouble shooting workshops, RCAs, FMEAs etc
- Capital/Revenue projects - provide SME input for User Requirement Specifications & AED preparation & justification
- Networking with other sites to share best practices and develop novel ideas to both improve current processes and standardise on site and across the network
- Expert in aseptic processing and ability to understand the relationship between equipment & process parameters and the properties of the product
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Extensive manufacturing experience in Pharmaceuticals or Biologicals
- Excellent working knowledge & understanding of aseptic manufacturing to include large scale processing, formulation & filling processes, & aseptic process design
- Good organizational & communication skills and able to work with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of EU Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) required, and SAPO 4 biosafety regulations desired
- Good knowledge of scientific principles covering physico-chemical, microbiological and immunological assays and European Pharmacopoeia standards.
- Capable to challenge ways of working to seek improved processes and systems
- Good working knowledge of Operational Excellence tools & techniques
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a world leading animal health company based in Surrey.
For more information or to apply for this QC Technical Specialist position please contact Tenni on 01438 842 974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34690 in all correspondence.