QC Scientist - Dublin, Ireland
Heather at CK Group is recruiting for a QC Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
The Location: This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
Role: The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling analytical laboratory activities including maintaining analytical instruments in a safe and compliant manner and liaising with various site facilities groups to introduce new capabilities, troubleshooting method related issues across various analytical platforms, which may include Chromatography, Bioassay, Immunoassay, CE/Gel, Viral, and General/Compendial methods and supporting implementation of new methods and commercial investigations. This individual will be a part of a team at the interface with Commercial Quality and Manufacturing, facilities, IS, EHS, Validations, external vendors and will also interact with the global Attribute Sciences network to ensure that site needs are addressed. Other activities include collaboration with representatives from key partner functions within Process Development and support for implementation of new analytical technology, tech transfer/method transfer.
- Maintaining a safe and compliant analytical laboratory: Liaising with site facilities groups, EHS, IS, external vendors etc. as needed and serving as a point of contact.
- Troubleshooting method related issues across various analytical platforms, which may include Chromatography, Bioassay, Immunoassay, CE/Gel, Viral, and General/Compendial methods.
- Providing analytical support for tech transfer/method transfer and investigations.
- Implementing state-of-the-art and fit-for-purpose analytical methods for: release testing, stability testing, product characterization/optimization, investigations, and regulatory submissions.
- Generating, analysing, and critical evaluation of analytical data to support: product development investigations, and regulatory submissions.
- May participate or contribute to analytical development teams (e.g., Product and process development teams, Product quality teams) by providing analytical updates, analytical documentation and data interpretation.
- Qualification in a life sciences or related discipline.
- Proven biopharmaceutical QC experience.
- Experience in cGMP manufacturing and testing of pharmaceutical products.
- Good communication and organisationsal skills.
- Team player.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44296 in all correspondence.