QC Microbiology Technician - Carlow
CK Group is recruiting for a QC Microbiology to join a global company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Carlow, Ireland on a contract basis for 6 months initially.
This role is located in the South East of Ireland in the beautiful town of Carlow which lies on the River Barrow. The site is commutable from Dublin which will take approximately 1 hour.
Your main duties will be:
- Execution of validation studies
- Growth promotion of microbiological media.
- Maintenance and QC checks of ATCC and house isolates.
- Review and approval of microbiological test results.
- Perform environmental monitoring, water monitoring, lab support testing including identification of Isolates, Bioburden and Endotoxin testing in accordance with GLP, GMP and regulatory requirements.
- Support process simulations by performing inspection, reconciliation and growth promotion testing as required.
- Support and comply with safety and compliance initiatives on site.
- Operation of laboratory equipment and stock levels and perform general housekeeping activities.
- Participate in training and personal development opportunities identified by the Microbiology Laboratory Manager.
- Participate in effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and procedures for various Quality systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Actively participate and promote continuous improvement in the Microbiology Laboratory by leading and active participation in system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
- Manage root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why's etc.; oversee and implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- Required to comply with the company's Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a GMP laboratory
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Microbiology or bioscience
- Demonstrated experience in growth promotion testing and working with ATCC and facility isolates
- Experience in execution of microbiological validation studies
- Demonstrate knowledge in microbiology related test methods.
- Excellent technical writing skills including deviation reports and validation reports
- Understanding of aseptic processing requirements and knowledge of aseptic technique
- Knowledge regulatory / code requirements to Irish, European and international codes, standards and practices.
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Effective time management and multi tasking skills.
- Demonstrate ability to drive the completion of tasks, trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to clarify, communicate and solve problems.
This role is being offered on a self employed or Umbrella working contract.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA42872 in all correspondence.