QC Microbiologist - Environmental Monitoring
CK Group is recruiting for a Microbiologist - Environmental Monitoring to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate would be responsible for one or more of the following activities in QC including:
- Microbiological testing, method transfers and verification, sample and data management and equipment maintenance.
This role is for an experienced and technically strong associate who will spend 90% of their work day performing testing. The successful candidate would contribute to the team by ensuring the quality of the tasks/services provided by themselves and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within the team. This role will support manufacturing operations, as such some extended hours, shift and weekend work may be necessary as required.
Specific job details:
- Environmental Monitoring of Grade 8/9 Cleanrooms
- Environmental Monitoring of Grade 5/7 Cleanrooms & Isolators
- Reading of Environmental Monitoring Plates
- Bioburden testing of water & disinfectants
- Writing technical reports
- Water sampling
- Testing of In Process samples such as Protein Concentration, Density & pH
Bachelors degree in a science discipline
- Biopharmaceutical QC experience in a microbiology lab
- Experience with regulatory compliance in cGMP manufacturing and testing of pharmaceutical productsPreferred Qualifications Experience working in an aseptic cleanroom performing Environmental Monitoring. Proficient in the use of LIMS & LMES. Experience in a wide variety of microbiological techniques, including but not limited to Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility (in an Isolator), Environmental Monitoring, Rapid Micro techniques, Microbial Identification, Media prep, Water Sampling. Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories. Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha Young on 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47180 in all correspondence.