QC Biochemistry Team Leader
Mary Bolt is recruiting for a QC Biochemistry Team Leader to join an innovative biotechnology company at their site based in Deeside on a permanent basis.
Our client is a growing biotechnology organisation currently developing new technology to enhance, simplify and reduce costs in the production of the latest anti-cancer drugs.
This role is located in Deeside in the North West and the site is easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Liverpool, Chester and North Wales.
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for the management of the Biochemistry testing of Intermediates and Product samples within the Quality Control Laboratory, to include the scheduling of work, managing the day to day activities of the Analytical QC laboratory supervision of staff and laboratory housekeeping, scheduling of testing and ensuring reported within the most efficient timeframe whilst maintaining compliance with GMP.
- Coordinate, support training and lead the analytical testing on all intermediates and finished products, ensuring it is performed and reported following customer, company and regulatory/industry requirements.
- Manage and supervise QC Personnel and performance assessments and initiate, manage and track the progress of deviations within own area to ensure that they are closed within the required timelines and to agreed standards.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining all stock of reagents and consumables to ensure continuous testing capability within budgetary constraints and liaising with maintenance staff and suppliers to ensure laboratory equipment and services are maintained to a high standard and in good working order.
- Drafting and reviewing laboratory protocols and reports, validation studies and project work, ensuring that suitable written records and work undertaken are kept in accord with cGMP and company procedures and assisting QA in the performance of internal and external audits as required.
- Maintaining and improving knowledge of analytical techniques and contributing to providing new and improved methods of working or equipment and to provide trouble shooting and problem solving to resolve issues in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Education to degree level or above in a relevant chemical or biological subject area with significant experience in an analytical testing laboratory and experience of working in a pharmaceutical controlled environment to GMP is essential.
- A working knowledge and expertise in the techniques of HPLC, UV, of Proteins is essential, ideally a knowledge of CE, IEF, ELISA and SDS PAGE and a good understanding and application of cGMP and regulatory requirements including USP, PhEur, Orange guide and Current ICH guidelines applicable to the role.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with proven management and leadership skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01438 768717 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46540 in all correspondence.