Purification Chemist - Surrey
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Purification Chemist to join one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical company's in the world. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis. They are consistently ranked as one of the best companies in the world to work for, and generations of employees have sustained a culture that values excellence, integrity and respect for people. Based in Surrey and commutable from London, Oxford, Reading & Guilford, this role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide open access purity and characterisation instrument performance checks and to execute purity assessment and small scale (50mg to 50g) preparative chromatography. You will also support the purification groups in chiral purification using Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC), achiral purification using low and high pH HPLC, and Flash chromatography using CombiFlash Rf system
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Front line LCMS and GCMS instrument troubleshooting; running test mixes, review data and initiating corrective action
- QC event review for LCMS and GC instruments
- Manage open access services including queue management and housekeeping: NMR, LCMS, GCMS, prep LC
- Assess the purity of samples using LC-MS
- Perform general chromatography; LC, SFC, LCMS
- Run analytical SFC screens following set protocols
- Execute preparative SFC to deliver materials of high quality and recovery
- Determine achiral and chiral purity using set methods
- Prepare large scale samples for purification - dissolution and filtration
- Operate large scale preparative SFC
- Set up and maintain automated overnight runs
- Handle Solvents (feed and fractions) up to 100L
- Operate a 20L buchi evaporator
- Deal with customers at all levels in a busy working environment
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- The ability to perform chromatographic purification
- Hands on experience with Agilent LCMS and GC systems
- Knowledge of chromatographic techniques and equipment gained in an academic or preferably an industrial environment
- Experience in the purification of small molecules by normal phase chromatography
- Familiarity with Chemstation software
- Flexibility to start early when required to complete open access instrument sweeps
- Experience with Novasep SFC instrumentation and software (advantageous)
- Experience in multi-gram purifications (advantageous)
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or related subject (or equivalent)
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company that makes medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives.
For more information or to apply for this Purification Chemist position please contact Jason Johal on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST32245 in all correspondence.