Monoclonal Antibody Scientist - Herts
Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Monoclonal Antibody Scientist to join an exciting new company with a number of on-going collaborations with major industry players. The goal is to use its nanofibre based materials to increase the productivity of bioprocessing in areas such as biotherapeutic purification and industrial biotechnology. Based in Stevenage the position is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The company have developed a novel chromatography reagent that offers significant advantages across key performance attributes that not only allow chromatography associated costs to be reduced by up to 90% but are also well aligned to meet the industry demands today and as the market evolves. The technology allows cheap and rapid bioprocess development due to uniform performance at all scales, promoting its adoption in industry.
As the company are moving quickly towards the commercialisation of its range of nanofibre based chromatography systems the successful applicant will pay a key role in shaping the technology and working with external partners.
Key responsibilities will include the design, optimisation and scouting of new chromatography purification protocols working with their collaborators feed stream material. Their novel nanofibre material enables a totally fresh approach to be taken to these well-understood operations to yield quality and cost advantages. Such development work will require a deep understanding of the challenges of scaling-up and scaling-down purification working from µL of feed material up to the 100's of litres range.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Set up and run experiments in consultation with project managers, ensuring that experiments are appropriately supervised and supported
- Record, analyse and write up the results of experiments
- Report and disseminate data to the rest of the team
- Assist in the preparation of research progress reports for funding bodies, and steering groups as required. In particular this will include formal presentations and reports to industrial collaborators involved in projects
- Complete detailed protocols and SOPs to feed into company knowhow and IPR generation
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of working in bioprocess (developing new purification processes for industrial scale manufacture of biotherapeutics - will have been working in a biopharma/pharma/CMO process development group)
- Experience in purification process development for clinical biopharmaceutical therapeutics and vaccines
- Extensive knowledge of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs)
- Use of AKTAs, or other chromatographic systems
- Thorough understanding of Proteins and nucleic acid analysis
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical purification scale-up/scale-down principles
- BSc in a relevant Scientific discipline (or equivalent)
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a rapidly growing biotherapeutics company that is financed by top-tier venture capital firms SR One and Imperial Innovations and is
For more information or to apply for this Monoclonal Antibody Scientist position please contact Tenni on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34572 in all correspondence.