Programme Manager, Yorkshire
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Programme Manager to join a security and authentication company based in Yorkshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Programme Manager, the main purpose of your role will be the responsibility for the implementation of new fuel marking programs and the management of selected existing clients for the company's Oil & Gas business unit. This is a key role within the organization and is tied to one of the fastest growth opportunities in the company. The objective of this position is to uphold relationships with in-country managers and partners and government officials to ensure that the company's dominance in the Oil & Gas segment is maintained.
Further responsibilities of this Programme Manager will be to:
- Manage day to day relationships with existing clients by building and maintaining a good working relationship through regular communication
- Manage the implementation of selected new programs
- Manage and report revenue delivery of selected base clients
- Ensure that programs are operating within contractual agreed obligations and manage contract renewal for selected base clients
- Recruit and provide training to regional personnel, supporting in-country managers and regional agents
- Conduct audits, collect and report key data and write summary reports for selected existing clients
- Proactively identify additional services and reporting desired by client and implement in cooperation with the VP Programme Operations
- Comply with the company's safety procedures and quality systems (ISO 9001)
As a Programme Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate degree or equivalent in a science or technical subject (Chemistry/Analytical preferred) with sound scientific background
- Significant experience in a Client Management function or a practical technical support/service role with significant demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of one's actions - essential requirement
- Experience working directly in fuels distribution including marketing, sales or logistics - preferred
- Experience with other downstream Oil & Gas activities including terminal administration or additive operations - preferred
- Specialist knowledge of trace analysis - preferred
- Experience with operating on a global level with the ability to operate independently in a foreign country - strongly preferred
- Knowledge of procedures, standards and application of validation and documentation
- Experience with calculating and tabulating results, interpreting and manipulating data and statistical calculations
- Knowledge and applications of safety procedures (e.g. COSHH)
- Experience with using IT to manipulate, analyse and present data
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft programs with a specific requirement of intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Results driven with the ability to think strategically by being able to set and measure performance on goals and objectives
- Able to identify key decision makers and ensure that they are kept fully engaged
- Provide leadership by taking initiative and taking responsibility for decisions
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in different situations, environments and cultures
- Able to work across different disciplines including operations, finance, and sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively
As Programme Manager you will be working with a brand protection and authentication company based in Yorkshire.
- Reporting to: VP, Programme Management
- Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Please note that the company's clients are based in Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Therefore substantial travel (up to ~30%, 1 week per month on average) is required on a worldwide geographic base.
- The company requires a confident individual happy to liaise with a wide range of personnel, convincing in their approach to discussing data sets while also being respectful of countries' cultures and traditions.
- Please note that this role will not be responsible for any direct reports.
- Lone-working is required, as well as the need to trust and support colleagues out of hours.
For more information or to apply for this Programme Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33520 in all correspondence.