Production Support Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for a Production Support Chemist on behalf of an industry leading Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation, working in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients industry, to be based at their site in Cramlington on a permanent basis.
This Production Support Chemist position is located in Cramlington, which is easily commutable from across North East England, and accessible by both the A1 and the A19. There is ample free parking provided on site. The site can be accessed by public transport from Newcastle.
Production Support Chemist Role:
The main purpose of this position is to ensure smooth introduction of new processes into manufacturing assets and to support continuous improvement of production performance with a focus on the reduction of activities which are non-value adding, and a reduction in costs associated with these activities.
Additional duties will include:
- Conducting safety audits
- Ensuring compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP), HSE legislation and company safety policies
- Carrying out investigations, and closing out actions related to HSE on processes, where appropriate
- Giving technical support to the shift Operations teams for the processes running in the manufacturing plants, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
- Starting investigations into processing issues (e.g.atypical in-process results, reduced yields) as soon as a problem is identified and working with existing project teams to resolve issues
- Accompanying customers during site visits for plant observation.
- Maintaining knowledge of the processesin routine production.
- Identification and leadership of process improvement and waste minimisation projects.
- Review cleanout and commissioning performance to minimize time and waste generation
- Delivering training on HSE, cGMP, and new product processes operations to the Operations teams.
- Carrying out scheduled HSE and cGMP audits of all areas.
- Laboratory work outside standard daytime working hours to support R&D and kilo laboratory programmes.
- Implementing and maintaining KPIs· Working closely with NPI and R&D for the introduction of new processes.
- Working closely with the Shift Manager and Process Performance Group for operational improvement targets.
- Producing and maintaining a League table of savings opportunities and achievements per financial year.
- Setting GMP standards and participating in audits on processes and related equipment
- Promoting a culture focusing on compliant efficiency improvements and value added activity
Theideal candidate for the role will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MSc in chemistry or chemical engineering or substantial period of relevant manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry
- An understanding of cGMP
- Computer literate in Word and Excel, ideally with knowledge of SAP
This role will involve shift working, providing 24hr cover
The company offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement· Company pension scheme
- Onsite restaurant
- Long service awards scheme
- Death in service policy
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Production Support Chemist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 49722 in all correspondence.