Production Support Chemist
James Horne is recruiting for a Production Support Chemist on behalf of a speciality chemical manufacturing company at their site near Newcastle on a permanent basis, working on a 24/7 shift rota basis. Joining the company during a period of growth, you will be working on an exciting range of client centred projects.
Your main responsibility will be to continuously improve production performance and to focus on the reduction of non-value activities, such as cleanouts and commissioning.
- Ensure the smooth operations of NPI Processes.
- Provide technical support to the shift operations teams.
- Identify and implement process improvement and waste minimisation projects.
- Liaise with other divisions including; shift managers, engineering, product management and the development division.
- Conduct safety audits and ensure compliance with COMAH aspects of the Process Safety Management System.
- Carry out scheduled HSE and GMP training as well as scheduled audits of all areas.
To be considered for the position you should:
- Hold a BSc/MSc in chemistry or chemical engineering, or a be able to demonstrate a substantial period of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Be competent and possess a strong understanding of GMP and HSE requirements.
- Ideally have knowledge of SAP.
- The ability to train, lead, direct and communicate with small teams.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact James Horne on 0191 384 8905 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46309 in all correspondence.