Production Project Chemist
Are you an experienced project manager with chemical production plant experience looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Production Project Chemist to join a process optimisation company based in Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
A leading provider of chemical optimisation services to the pharmaceutical industry, this company provides solutions that allow customers to make the best use of their available resources. This person will be responsible for undertaking chemical projects, overseeing the overall scope of project delivery, taking projects from the lab through to production/pilot plant. The company offers a competitive salary depending on skills and experience, as well as 25 days holiday, pension, various additional benefits and also flexitime. This role would suit an experienced project manager who has worked in production, process and scale up as well as being comfortable in the organic chemistry lab. Some international travel will be required which will be project dependent.
Further responsibilities of this Production Project Chemist will include:
- Leading major project teams and acting as a technical consultant on R&D projects.
- Exhibiting innovative approach to achieving project activities.
- Determining the availability of all resources required to complete allocated projects on time and within budget.
- Ensuring completion of each project to the highest professional standards, fulfilling the requirements of the customer as documented in the project proposal.
- Continually assessing the progress of a project in terms of proposal and customer requirements and ensure that the customer is kept informed of progress.
- Liaising continuously with project leaders and other team members to resolve any difficulties encountered in the project.
- Directing the work of development and kilo laboratory chemists to ensure that project targets are met.
- Managing projects and project documentation to level suitable for external examination.
- Presenting reports, both written and verbal, when required, to both customers and work colleagues.
- Meeting with customers and their representatives as may be required from time to time. This may involve travel to the location of the customer, or be at the site.
- Working in a clean, safe and tidy manner adhering to company policy on 5S.
- Ensuring planning of projects for vessel allocation requirements is communicated to the production department.
- Ensuring the purchasing requirements for projects are met and undertaken within the Quality system by ensuring a good knowledge of the ordering systems.
- Providing assistance to the production department for any chemical processes which may require problem solving or the issuing of a deviation.
- Working with QC personnel to ensure effective communication of methods, specifications and related information.
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list; please contact CK for a full job description.
As a Production Project Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven industry-based project management experience in a production and scale up environment - essential.
- Particular experience of developing processes and transferring them to production plants - essential.
- Experience of and comfort working in a synthetic organic chemistry lab - essential.
- Degree level or equivalent in chemistry, preferably MSc/PhD qualified.
- Experience gained within the API manufacturing industry - strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Happy to travel internationally with work.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- Must be literate and numerate in the English Language and be a competent writer of technical reports.
For more information or to apply for this Production Project Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47074 in all correspondence.