CK Science are recruiting for a Production Manager to join the Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) at their site based in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
The Company: The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) has been established to provide the UK's first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability. VMIC will fast track development and manufacture of early stage vaccine products, as well as serve as the UK's response capability to produce vaccines against emerging infectious diseases. They have already taken a leading role in the Government's national response to COVID-19.
New starters can expect to join an exciting fast paced organisation, with ambitious growth plans. With aflat structure, employees will have exposure to senior leaders and be part of an organisation that has a start-up mentality but is backed by UK Government, and industry and academic founders.
Working through collaborative ventures with industry,academia and NGOs, VMIC will ultimately strengthen and innovate the UK's vaccines sector. Their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
Location: VMIC's state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will open in 2021 following a rapidly accelerated development schedule and will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.Production Manager Role: This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in the completion of operational readiness of the facility. You will be involved in recruiting, training and developing a team of team leaders and operators as well as overseeing all phases of manufacturing under cGMP regulations.
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for a team of manufacturing team leaders and operators and deputise for the Head of Manufacturing as required.
- Lead areas of the manufacturing operational readiness programme.
- Be responsible for schedule adherence and quality output of a variety of vaccines products across drug substance and drug product.
- Implement and adhere to key performance indicators, as well as other leansix sigma methodologies and processes.
- Develop external client relationships within Pharma/Biotech industry as well as co-ordinating projects and customer needs for manufacturing.
- Identify and resolve standard day to day quality, technical, and operational problems.
- Identify root causes of manufacturing issues and implement corrective action to minimize downtime.
- A qualification at degree level or above in a scientific or engineering discipline with significantexperience in a management position and excellent knowledge of GMP manufacturing in the pharmaceutical/biotech industries.
- Experience of aseptic processing, single use disposable processes & GMP plant equipment.
- Experience of being accountablefor seeking new initiatives to improve production performance and leading Continuous Improvement activities.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills with excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Production Manager position, please contact Mary Bolt/Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457722 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com, quoting job ref 49031.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
Equal Opportunities Statement: VMIC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability,union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and without discrimination.